Easy to install and adjust 2-speed gearbox. Race proven quality and durability. 2-Speed can only be used in combination with 2-speed clutch #801540.
Mounting the 2 clutch shoes:
1. Place the 2 shoes on the 2-speed drive adaptor.
2. Place the spring over screw E14 and apply lock-nut L3. Turn the screwa in until the head is flush with the lower part of the hole.
3. Position the shoes so that the larger holes are in line with the flats on the 2-speed drive adaptor.
4. Insert the balls and turn the 2-speed adjusting nut in until the shoes are just pushed off the 2-speed adaptor.
Note: the position of the 2 spring loaded screws. They should be flush with the side of the hole. Final adjustment is made when the car is tested on the track, Turning the screws in will gove a later shifting point, turning them out will advance the shifting point..
1. Mount the 50T 1st gear on the 2-speed drive flange, using alu. nut A with counter-clockwise thread (turn counter clockwise to tighten!).
2. Mount the 47T second gear on the 2-speed clutch-bell, using the alu. nut B (turn clockwise to tighten).
3. Apply 2 ballbearings V5.
1. Apply the alu. spacer on the 2-speed lay-shaft
2. Place the 2-speed clutch-bell over the lay-shaft and insert pin P12 through the hole of the 2-speed lay-shaft
Place the 2-speed drive adaptor with the clutch-shoes over the 2-speed lay-shaft
Now adjust the 2 center screws. First release both screws to make sure that the shoes rest on the drive adapter. Now turn one screw in until the clutch shoe touches the clutch bell. This can be checked by spinning the clutch-bell. Now turn the center adjusting nut out half a turn, the clutch-bell should spin freely. Repeat this adjustment for the other center adjusting screw.
After the 2-speed clutch shoe gap has been adjusted, the drive adapter with the 1st gear can be mounted. Secure with clip R5. Apply the nylon dust-cap by pressing it over the drive-flange.
NOTE: the one-way bearing is very sensitive for lubrication. Use only Serpent One-Way Lube #1680 for highest reliability.